2026-04-09
4 分钟The Economist.
The Speaker of Iran's Parliament said the two-week ceasefire with America had already been breached three times,
rendering further talks, quote, unreasonable.
Earlier, the Islamic Republic said it would only observe the truce if Israel stopped attacking Lebanon.
A news agency affiliated with Iran's security forces also said ships would not be allowed through the Strait
of Hormuz while Lebanon was under attack.
Donald Trump, meanwhile, told PBS that Lebanon was not included in the deal.
International pressure on Israel intensified over its offensive in Lebanon.
Georgia Maloney, Italy's prime minister, urged an immediate halt to the strikes.
Spain's Pedro Sanchez and France's Emmanuel Macron also called for the ceasefire with Iran to be extended to Lebanon.
Lebanese authorities said Israeli strikes had killed more than 250 people and injured more than 1,000 on Wednesday.
Separately, Gulf states, including Kuwait,
Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, reported Iranian missile attacks after Iran and America
agreed to a ceasefire late on Tuesday.
Iran's regime and Mr. Trump have very different ideas about the conditions necessary for a lasting peace.
Mr. Trump insists America will recover Iranian nuclear material.
Iran wants a right to nuclear enrichment and control over the Strait of Hormuz.
Greece banned children from social media.
Under-15s will be blocked from sites such as Instagram and TikTok from next year.
In a message on TikTok, Kyriakos Mitsotakis, Greece's prime minister, said screen time does not allow minds to rest.